Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Videos on Wednesdays

I'm going to try to put out a video each Wednesday covering web tools that I use that I think are useful for higher education.

Here's a rough map of what I think I'm going to cover first - suggest what you want more of, or what else I should cover.

What do I think college instructors need to know about?

Social networking: Facebook

Online applications: Google Documents

Online video: YouTube

Social Bookmarking: delicious

Radio (lectures) on demand: Podcasting

Microblogging: Twitter

Community writing: Wikis (Wikipedia)

Picture manipulation: Flickr/Picnik/Animoto


Blogs

RSS readers (read lots of web pages/blogs in one place): Google Reader / Bloglines

Online teleconferencing: Skype

Mapping: Google Earth

Mashups: google maps mashups / machinima

No comments:

Post a Comment